Sunday, July 13, 2014

Farmers Market Bag

I love my LYS, both of them. They are equally awesome, in very different ways. One is A Grand Yarn, and they are a smaller shop, with lots of very cool yarn choices, many by smaller, independent companies. They often hold Knit Alongs that are free to participate in, and there's a chance you will win a small prize. It's fun to connect with other knitters, some who you are friends with and some new folks. This summer is a Welcome to the Lake series of KALs that features a new topic each month. In June, we each hose a shawl to knit, July has just been posted and it's a bag. Within this theme, you can choose any pattern and any yarn. I am using some stash yarn Kollage Riveting Worsted made of recycled denim to make The Sully Market Bag. What a fun, quick knit!



I finished this project this week. I have to say, I'm happy to be done, but I'm not super happy with the end result. The yarn isn't my favorite and while the pattern was quick and easy, I just don't like how it turned out. Maybe it was te yarn choice. Ah well, they can't all be favorites. It's a little flimsy and will only hold lightweight items, but I'm happy to have it complete and will be taking it to the market this week.



No comments:

Post a Comment