Saturday, July 12, 2014

Baby Elephant Sweater



Knitting baby stuff is so fun! It can be a pretty quick project too because everything is so tiny! It's great for small projects in between larger projects like adult sized sweater, large shawls, and afghans. Even something simple can be a nice change from a complicated pattern.

I've recently started a new baby sweater for our 2nd baby arriving in the fall. I've been very excited, scouring Ravelry for fun baby knits! If you've never looked at Ravelry, you must check it out! It's free to join and it's a great way to find millions of projects for both knitting and crochet, but it's a great place to chat with other fiber friends, the perfect social media network for fiber fanatics!

I finally settled in my first baby project of the Ella Funt sweater by Pamela Wynne.

My color choices are all Cascade 220 Superwash Sport



The main body cast on in gray.

The sweater was a very fun knit and a little but challenging for me, since I haven't done much color work, but I think it went pretty well. 
It's complete, for the most part. I have the finishing bits of weaving ends and closing under the arms. The biggest challenge will be to find buttons I like. 

I'm very happy with how it turned out and I absolutely adore the yarn! It's washable, so I just hope it holds up well, although it's Cascade yarn, so I know I will be happy! Their yarn is my favorite!

Update 7/20/14: I finally have buttons! My Mom chose some yellow and green simple circular buttons before we knew the baby was a girl. They match quite well and I will close the arm holes and put on buttons then post a picture! Excited to add this to the finished items for the baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment