Monday, February 2, 2015

Distractions

See the problem with distractions is....oh look! Yarn!

I seem to have my hand in too many projects. I'm not on any deadline really, just my own made up "wishful thinking" timeline. I may or may not finish projects by my deadlines I make up, but I'm not worried anymore. I used to rush myself while I knitted, hoping to finish as many projects as quickly as I could. While I always have enjoyed and loved the process of knitting, it was always the starting something new, picking a pattern, choosing yarn, beginning the process that really drove me. I enjoy that part immensely, but with two kids, I have less time to knit. I love every minute I get, but I'm taking my time. 
That said, I will hopefully reach my year end goals for this year, but I'm not stressing about it. It also means I've been letting my etsy shop sit a little bit. I was hoping I'd have a few small custom orders coming in on a more regular basis, but I am also enjoying that I can spend more time with my family and our new little farm and less time working on things for my shop.

Oh, did I get distracted? Yes. 

So I have far too many projects in the needles and several in queue and ready to go. Patterns and yarns are picked out and set together. It's time to step back, take a look, finish a few, then get back on track!

No comments:

Post a Comment