Friday, June 20, 2014

Quick Baby Knits

I'm working up a quick baby hat from the Hats For All Pattern by Carrie Bostick Hoge featured in Taproot Magazine issue 8:: RECLAIM. 

First of all, if you've never read Taproot magazine, stop what you're doing and look it up. It's an amazing magazine that I am in love with. I look forward to each of the quarterly issues like a child waits for Christmas morning. The issues are filled with homesteading tips, recipes, sewing patterns, knitting patterns, and more. Plus, they are happily free of advertising pages. It's the perfect blend of things to read while enjoying your morning teas or coffee. I find myself savor inch each issue and saving it to refer back to and read all over again.

But back to knitting... An issue a few months back had a lovely simple pattern for hats. It's a basic hat with several sizes and variations to fit anyone on your knitting list. I chose the baby size for the bundle of joy arriving in November 2014. I'm hoping to have quite a stash of beautiful hand knits for this baby as well as my almost 4 year old son, who quickly outgrows everything I knit for him!

The Hats For All uses a worsted weight yarn, making it a super quick knit in any size. I am using some stash Queensland Bebe Cotsoy in a gender neutral, and very happy aqua. It's a super soft yarn that will be perfect on that little head for the winter.

Update: 6/25/14 I frogged the hat and will CO again with smaller needles because although my gauge was correct, the hat looks enormous! The yarn is quite soft and was a great deal, as it was free at the Stash Bash I went to. (Stash Bash is a little get together thrown by friends each year, where we all bring unwanted knitting items: yarn, patterns, magazine, books, and even sometimes finished knit items. We lay the items out and each go around with bags, filling them up with these items destashed by friends. It's the perfect way to trade in things you won't use and come home with some real treasures!)

No comments:

Post a Comment