Thursday, November 6, 2014

Knitting Storm

I've just been knitting up a storm! When I look back at the amount of projects I've completed over the last 6 months, I'm shocked at how quickly things have flown off the needles! What a sense of accomplishment. Not much has been made for my Etsy shop, but I'm hoping I can knock out a few items before the holiday shopping truly begins!

Recently finished ones:
1. I completed the Dinosaur Wallaby for my son. It's not my favorite project because I have loved making the wallaby in the past, but I made a few changes that were not well thought out. I made the arms slimmer and did not do the increases as usual at the cuff. when I joined the sleeves to the body, this created an odd join that I don't love the look of. My son also requested that I leave the hood off. This adjustment then required some creative stitch counting and decreasing for the neckline. I think I frogged the neckline about 5 times and remade it. I finally have it so that it looks ok and will easily fit over his head.



2. I also finished a second pair of the Footies that I made. I did this second pair also in Malabrigo Rios and these are in my hospital bag to take with me for when the baby comes.



3. I've been making a few small Christmas ornaments as gifts, but also to sell in my Etsy shop. (www.etsy.com/shop/SeraCraft)




4. My mittens are almost complete, but the second one has been a real trouble maker and she has been put in a time out, with only the thumb to finish.



5. Baby Mittens for the newborn stage were ridiculously fast and are so tiny, I can hardly believe they will fit! 



6. My Pine Tree Place cowl is also done and it has moved to the front of my scarf wardrobe, since its perfect for fall, easy to wear, and matches me coat. It has become a quick favorite.


I should be finished with a sweater soon and I'm working on organizing my winter projects now. I will be looking forward to posting some new ones!

No comments:

Post a Comment